RENOGY 100 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panel Reviews
Suitable for off-grid use as well as for reducing the power bill in on-grid residences, the solar panels have gradually taken the place of fuel-powered generators. The small dimensions and light weight of the modern panels, as well as their increased rate of conversion has increased people’s trust and interest in this type of power. The Renogy 100 Watt Monocrystalline Photovoltaic solar panel displays all the features listed above and some more, such as good price and easy installation. Let’s take a closer look at each of these features and more to see how these panels can help you.Click Here To See Pricing, Ratings and Reviews on Amazon.com
Features which recommend the Renogy 100 Watt Monocrystalline Photovoltaic Solar Panels
The Renogy 100 Watt Monocrystalline solar panels are 100 Watt lightweight panels designed for residential and vehicle use. The monocrystalline technology is superior to the polycrystalline and provides a better solar absorption and conversion for more power in your batteries. They can be connected on-grid (for homes which are connected to the local power grid) as well as off-grid (with batteries).
• Solar cell efficacy – the Renogy solar panels use “Grade A” solar cells to ensure a high conversion and increased durability along time. This explains the 19% and above solar cell efficacy displayed by these solar panels. This conversion rate makes them some of the most efficient panels available on the market. While this rate is conditioned by the amount of light and panel’s cleanness (as with any other type of solar panel, the tests were done in standard conditions – Irradiance 1000 W/m2, module temperature 25°C, AM=1.5), it is safe to say that the Renogy have found their way up to the top with the 100 Watt Monocrystalline PV panels.
• Durability – the company offers a 5 years guarantee for the craftsmanship and a 25 years limited performance guarantee. The guarantee is conditioned by proper installation and care.
• Ready-to-install panels – the solar panels are designed for easy installation, so they have pre-drilled holes and included cables which make the process smooth even for first-time users. The frame is made in heavy duty anodized extruded aluminum for extra sturdiness. Draining holes are also drilled to prevent weather damage. Brackets or additional support may be needed for roof installation. Caution: drilling additional holes in the aluminum frame will affect the guarantee.
• Dimensions – the dimensions are slightly reduced compared to the older solar panels, but comparable to those of the modern panels available on the market. The Renogy 100 Watts measures 47 x 21.3 x 1.4 in (1195 x 541 x 35 mm) and weighs 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg) which makes the handling and installation even easier. Each panel is made of 36 solar cells (4 x 9), each cell measuring 125mm x 125 mm (5 inches x 5 inches).
Click Here To See Pricing, Ratings and Reviews on Amazon.com
• Interconnectivity – the maximum system voltage is 600V and the open circuit voltage is 22.5V which means that the user can
connect up to 26 panels to fulfill its power needs.
Clients’ Scores and Reviews for the Renogy 100 Watt Monocrystalline Photovoltaic Solar Panels
The Renogy 100 Watt Monocrystalline Photovoltaic solar panels have scored a stellar five out of five rating on Amazon. The score is based on 75 client reviews who purchased the product. While the satisfaction among people who own the panels is evident, let’s take a look at the main reasons behind it.
• Good workmanship – the Renogy 100 Watt panels are sturdy and made in high quality materials. The 3.2 mm (.13 in) tempered glass is sturdy, while the anodized aluminum frame adds extra rigidity to the panels. Clients are particularly impressed with the way the panels have been put together.
• Works according to specifications – the vast majority of the clients who have purchased the panels claim that they are doing their job properly in good conditions as well as in low light situations. Most of them have been satisfied with their efficacy and are planning to extend the system and gradually give up the local power grid in favor of the solar power.
• Good price – the panels are available at an affordable price, considerably lower than other 100 Watt solar panels with the same monocrystalline technology. Taking into consideration the particularities of each household and the number of panels installed, clients have noted that the system will pay off for itself in one to twelve years.
• MC4 connectors included – the panels come with MC4 waterproof connectors for an easy installation. Most panels do not have this feature and require separate purchase of the connectors, so apart from the financial issue, this is a proof that the company does care about customer satisfaction.
• Variations in charging – there have been claims that the panels do not raise up to the declared 100 Watts. However, it must be noted that the solar panel’s performance is strictly related to the amount of sun received and weather conditions in the area. Therefore these particularities must be taken into consideration before investing in this type of alternative power.
• Better instructions – some clients have complained about the scarce information on the brochure provided. However, there is a customer support line available which can help clients with any necessary info, so feel free to take advantage of it if you have any doubt regarding installation or care.Click Here To See Pricing, Ratings and Reviews on Amazon.com
Solar Panel Reviews Conclusion
The Renogy 100 Watt Monocrystalline Photovoltaic solar panels are high quality panels with an affordable price. Their low dimensions make them suitable for vehicles, cabins and boats as well as for residences and their installation is simple and much easier due to their lightweight. Overall, they are recommended for beginner as well as for advanced “green energy” users.